Thursday, July 6, 2017

Credible Reviews from Validated Purchases

There was a time not so long ago when Amazon cracked down on authors and book reviewers. At least a few authors contacted me because many of their reviews had been deleted. It made me sad for them, but there wasn't much I could do. Amazon prefers reviews by people who actually purchase their books. I'm guessing it likes them written when prompted at the end of the book, after someone has read it.

I couldn't tell you if any of my reviews posted on this blog, then teased on Amazon with a link to my full review were ever deleted. I can tell you my links to read the full review didn't work, so I was more or less wasting my time trying to get people to read my detailed, in depth reviews through Amazon.

This is yet another reason authors need to make their books available through their published sites. There's an authenticity to the review from a book that has been published and purchased there. So if you don't want to have a grand scale book give away, perhaps you might gift your book to your reviewers. This will validate their purchase, thereby making their review more credible.

Just thinking out loud on this one. We are all in this together.

M. J.

Copyright All Rights Reserved 2017