Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Book Review: Goldilocks by Patria L. Dunn

by M. J. Joachim




Suspenseful from beginning to end, Goldilocks by Patria L. Dunn is quite the page turner. Fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, romance and action adventure - this story has it all!

At first I didn’t know what to expect, and thought this might be an adult upgrade of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Goldilocks is present all right, as are three bears, but so is a broken down mine, a family hurting from the loss of a wife and mother, a council and far too many morphed creatures to count.

I’d love to say this book was flawless, but there are far too many typos and other things a well done proofreading and editing should have fixed. The story itself was really good, and I definitely had to read it all the way through, because there’s no way I was going to miss the ending and see how everything was finalized. But that doesn’t excuse the need to make this book more professional by fixing the errors within.

Twilight series came to mind when I was reading Goldilocks, but then so did Hunger Games, and I’m not sure why. This story was nothing like them at all, though it did have a lot of fantasy and paranormal activity. It was consistent and cohesive throughout, making it a quick and enjoyable read, despite the things mentioned above, something I hope the author takes into account, ultimately making an updated, new and improved, version for people purchasing her book.

If you like supporting indie authors as much as I do, I’d like to ask you to do a quick favor for me.

Please subscribe by email to this blog, so you can find out right away when a new book gets reviewed. Then all you have to do is share the review to help promote the author and his/her book. 


It’s that easy, and helping indie authors market well written books is something we all can do. It’s something that will not only help authors, but also those looking for good books to read. So please, take a moment and follow by email and share my reviews with the world.

Thank you,

M. J.

©2016 All Rights Reserved