Saturday, November 7, 2015

Poetry: Eternal Longing

by M. J. Joachim




Spoken on a whim, a distant shore

Holding Mother’s hand, not aging anymore
I traveled the world over, to catch
A glimpse of life. Mother ever worried
Her death would be my life.

Though I didn’t know her, and she did
Not know me, we two were quite inseparable
Kindred spirits by the sea, as if departed
In emotion, excavates the hallow heart,
Gallant living was our quarry, sentiments
Could play no part.

Until the moment she passed on, without me
By her side, that haunting moment I saw her
Last, my broken heart, oh how it cried. To
Never hear her voice again, or be chided by
Her whims, to only know I’d narrowly hold
Her hand in the distance of my dreams.

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my latest poem,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: CCO Public Domain