Saturday, November 14, 2015

Contributor Badge Helps Visitors See Fewer Ads

by M. J. Joachim



Google seems to have read my mind with their new Contributor feature this week, which makes it possible for my audience to see fewer ads, when they’d rather spend time focusing on my oh, so stellar content, without being bombarded by the ads I’ve strategically placed in the margins. Contributor is straightforward and easy to use. Participants choose a monthly amount to contribute to my site, which in essence purchases some of the space otherwise occupied by ads. This allows visitors to see fewer ads, enhancing their experience when they visit me and read my articles.

I placed my Contributor badge right there in the top right hand corner, and I would be only too happy if you would click on it and make your contribution today. It’s a win-win, because I earn my keep, providing I continue to impress you with high quality, excellent content, and you get to see considerably fewer ads at the same time.

According to Google, “Contributor works on lots of sites; when users sign up, they’ll get the Contributor experience on your site and all other compatible sites.” Contributor works across the Google network, meaning it’s another of Google’s wonderfully innovative ideas that only promises to get better with time. Google also states, “Contributor only works on Google ads, and is subject to the same auction mechanics as any other advertiser. So we don’t guarantee users a 100% ad-free experience, even on sites that only run Google ads.” This makes perfect sense, because Google obviously can’t interfere with ads that aren’t its own, nor should they compete with advertisers who outbid everyone else.

I’d like to encourage and invite you sign up and contribute here on this writing tips blog, because while I can’t personally guarantee a completely ad free experience, I can give you the option of seeing fewer ads, while I continue to make every effort to impress you with the exceptional content I strive to provide here. It is with this in mind that I ask you to please click on the button in the right hand margin above my followers list, and contribute to excellence in writing here on M. J. Joachim’s Writing Tips, Reviews & More.

Thank you so much for contributing to my writing and all the work I do here. I appreciate it more than you know.

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved