Wednesday, November 18, 2015

App Review: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

by M. J. Joachim



Sometimes you get what you pay for…

This app is free and I’ve had the worst time with it. It doesn’t load readily when I want to scan my device. Messages about sending reports constantly appear when I’m trying to run a scan, and it crashes frequently in the middle of scans, so I have the hardest time trying to perform a full anti-virus scan on my device, and never truly feel confident that my device is free of viruses and malware.

Obviously, this prompted me to download other anti-malware apps, which seem to work much better. A couple of them even indicated this app is creating problems, causing me to remove this one from my device. All things considered, that was a good idea, because my device is working much more smoothly now.

I looked at quite a few other reviews for this product, and they appear to be mixed. Like me, many people are having trouble with this app on their smart phones and tablets. However, a lot of people like it for their desktops. After trying it on my tablet, there’s no way I would download it on my computer. I have other security software that works really well, and I definitely don’t want to mess with it. On that note, save yourself some time and trouble. I don’t recommend using this app at all.

Thank you so much for stopping by and spending time with me. Please feel free to share this post with others, especially if you think it might be useful for them.

All the best to you and yours,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved