Sunday, November 1, 2015

App Review: 50 States by Socratica

by M. J. Joachim


Geography teachers of elementary through high school students are going to love this app, because it provides a unique opportunity for kids to learn about all 50 States, engaging them in the process with basic facts, quizzes, videos and more. It’s a unique supplementary teaching tool that will easily enhance learning and can be used as a reference for anyone writing a state report.

I enjoy this app because it provides a distinct platform for me to discover each of the 50 States and can be used to help me make a wish list of must see places here in the good old USA. It’s straightforward, easy to use and packed with information, allowing me to test how well I know my own country, an added bonus, especially since I’m not competing with anyone else, and can continue improving my scores at my leisure.

One of the things that particularly intrigues me are the videos. It’s doubtful I’ll ever get to travel to all 50 states, and the aerial views, along with the various sites and information provided, arouse my curiosity and feed my imagination of what each of our 50 states are like. There’s more than one video per state, some focusing on amazing views, while others give up close imagery of phenomenal landmarks, and still others instruct visitors with useful information.

50 States is an app that will be appreciated by anyone who wants to learn more about the United States of America. It’s one I will continue to play with, because I have a good time learning about my country. It’s one parents will like to share with their kids, teachers can use to boost their curriculum and kids are sure to enjoy.

Because learning should always be fun, and there’s so much more to learn than we will ever know…

Thank you so much for visiting Writing Tips today,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved