Sunday, October 25, 2015

Movie Review: Django Unchained

by M. J. Joachim


Western meets slavery plantations in producer Quentin Tarantino’s, Django Unchained. There were times I had to leave the room, squeamish as I am at the brutality inflicted on black people during the tragic time of slavery in our country. Other times, I just squinted my eyes with my hand over my head, peeking through my fingers, wanting to, but trying not to look. Thankfully, there were only a few times like this, because the movie was so engaging and well done, that I quickly became engrossed from beginning to end.

A star studded cast is nothing without great acting to offset the glamor and glitz. No disappointments to be had here, as characters enthralled us with their portrayal of some very interesting personalities. It’s an undeniable love story, played out through the revelation of an unexpected friendship that takes its audience on a journey of fascinating proportions.

Twists, turns, comedy, tragedy, villains, heroes - it’s all here in Django Unchained. It’s a good movie, one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Wishing you all a peaceful and happy Sunday,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved