Thursday, October 22, 2015

Book Review: Dancing on Rocks by Rose Senehi

by M. J. Joachim


Well written, captivating and endearing, Dancing on Rocks seized my emotions and took me on a journey only a good book is capable of doing. From beginning to end, this book had me taken, getting to know the characters and their small town of Chimney Rock, North Carolina. My heart ached, knowing there was so much more to the story, reading page after page, to slowly uncover the real wounds of each person I met, only to understand that some heartaches are nearly impossible to heal.

There’s so much going on in this novel. Characters are fully developed, allowing readers to get to know them individually, and through their interactions with others. Transitions, twists and turns all flowed together like the river running through the town. It takes a lot to get me teary eyed when reading a book, and darned if this one didn’t manage to do it. There were times when I wondered if the author was going to leave me hanging, perhaps for a sequel or something. I’m so glad she didn’t. This story might have haunted me if she did.

Dancing on Rocks is a human story that touches on so much of what happens in society today, subliminal things we don’t even think about. It takes the heart on a journey of brokenness, healing and reconciliation, and to put it mildly is a very genuine, beautifully told story that I highly recommend.

For the small town native in all of us, this is M. J. wishing you a peaceful evening.

©2015 All Rights Reserved