Friday, October 9, 2015

Blog Experiment Improves Stats

by M. J. Joachim


You may have noticed my blogging has been hit or miss for months lately. That’s what happens when life takes you by storm, change happens unexpectedly and priorities take more demand of your time. Consequently, I had the opportunity for an unexpected blog experiment, and I didn’t even know I was doing it.

Despite my absence, my blog stats remained relatively static. Funny thing is, when I was still blogging, but not blog hopping and linking, my stats fluctuated, increasing as I posted and had time to comment on blogs in turn.

More than that, my stats went down when I linked with other blogs, participated in blog hops, allowed the use of linking in my own blog via comments, guest posts, blog hops and badges. So did my pennies, btw.

Blogging truly is a solitary activity. We write, we publish and we promote our work. Search engines help others find us, as does any and all marketing we do. That’s not anti-social, it’s common sense. When it comes to blogging, we’re the ones behind the computer, and there’s no telling who is watching us from their computers, so it’s probably best to be cautious and build community the old fashioned way, by getting to know people and skipping the bells and whistles that might cause more harm than good.

Wishing you all increased traffic and better stats on your blogs,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: CC0 Public Domain