Friday, October 16, 2015

App Review: Trivia Crack

by M. J. Joachim


Clunky, slow and confusing, this app almost drove me crazy. At first I thought it was my Internet burping, but the more I tried to play it, the more I realized the app had problems of its own.

Considering that I enjoy several trivia apps, each one being just enough different to entertain and challenge me anytime I want, Trivia Crack definitely won’t be listed among my favorites. I’m not even sure of the goal. Is it to get awards or characters? There’s a rule book that explains everything, and it sounds a lot like Trivia Pursuit, only with just enough difference to avoid copyright hassles.

Perhaps that’s the biggest problem of all. You have to read the rule book, before you ever begin to understand what you’re doing, because it’s so confusing. Of course, when I first started playing, I watched the mini tutorial provided on the screen. I still had no idea what I was doing after that. And I didn’t even know there was a rule book. That took some searching and exploration.

When I get an app, I like it to be simple enough to engage me right away. There are lots of them that do, and they challenge me too. This app might be able to challenge me, but it’s too much work to figure out how. I’d rather play and enjoy my few minutes of free time, than constantly worry that I’m doing it wrong, and therefore losing points.

Of course, if you’re a huge fan of Trivia Pursuit, this app might be the perfect choice for you.

Best of the weekend to all,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved