Thursday, October 22, 2015

App Review: Guess the Emoji

by M. J. Joachim


Anagrams and picture puzzles can be a lot of fun to play, which is one reason I was fully prepared to enjoy playing Guess the Emoji. Unfortunately, this is a very clunky app, and while I do have fun solving the puzzles, I’m not too thrilled with how I have to do it.

The pictures are at the top, with a sort of hangman scenario in the middle, and a bunch of random letters at the bottom of the screen. You have to tap those letters in the correct order to get the correct answer. I’d like it so much better if you could slide those letters into place, allowing you to fit them where you know they belong, while trying to figure out the rest of the puzzle. There are times when a puzzle has two words, and I immediately know the second word. I can’t put it up there while working on the first word, so it takes me longer to solve the puzzle.

This app is probably really good for young kids in grammar school. The puzzles aren’t that difficult to solve, and the reading practice will likely do them good. Personally, I wasn’t that thrilled with it, myself.

With warmest :)

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved