Tuesday, October 27, 2015

App Review: The Free Dictionary by Farlex

by M. J. Joachim


An excellent way to build your word power, The Free Dictionary not only expands your vocabulary, it also includes interesting articles to read, and games to play for your enjoyment. There’s so much to this app, because if you login with social media, you also earn credits and test your literary skills by playing hangman, spelling, matching and words within words.

There are quotes, words of the day and more. As a login bonus, you get to help feed the hungry, because Farlex has teamed up with World Food Program’s school feeding program, which allows you to earn meals for hungry children, just by learning and playing the games in this app.

I’m personally big on the word games and anything word related, so this app is perfect for me. I also enjoy short and sweet articles that teach me little bits of useless info I might never venture to find out on my own. It’s interesting to note that you can click on provided links to learn more about whatever it is that intrigues you. There’s so much to this app, and positively no way to explore it all or get bored.

I encourage you to download this one, because I know you won’t be disappointed, and you might even feed a hungry child and have a lot of fun when you do.

Until next time, here’s to building vocabulary while having way too much fun,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved