Friday, October 30, 2015

App Review: Farkle

by M. J. Joachim


Admittedly, it took me a while to figure out how to play this game on this particular app. There’s an instruction page, but ultimately all it does is tell you how to get points. The rest you pretty much have to figure out for yourself - which isn’t that difficult if you’re not already feeling massacred by puzzle apps - see my Unblock and Move It! reviews.

Once I figured out banking points and rolling more than once in a turn, I was pretty much satisfied and hooked. I’ve played similar games to this on my computer for years, and it’s along the same premise, so once I learned how to use the app properly, it was all good. Thankfully, that didn’t take too long, because at first I was like, “This app sucks! I have better things to do than sit here and try to figure out how to get more than a few stupid turns out of it.”

Well, it doesn’t suck, and I was quite possibly being a little impatient and a whole lot of, “I just want to play a game already. It shouldn’t be that hard.” Thus, moving on until I felt like taking the time to figure it out was the best option going. Their tutorial should definitely have a few more explanations about how to use the app and play, but other than that, it’s a very fun game.

Rolling the dice and taking a chance,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved