Thursday, October 29, 2015

App Review: Dice with Buddies

by M. J. Joachim


Yahtzee has a firm grip on me. It’s the game my mom always used to play with us when she’d visit, so there are some rather intense and precious memories associated with it for me. She especially loved playing with the kids, and they enjoyed playing it with her too. Now whenever we play and someone gets a Yahtzee, we all yell, “Thanks, Grandma!”

Dice with Buddies is Yahtzee, only you play with people in your social networks, or randomly against others playing or against the computer. You get prizes and bonuses along the way for competing in specific challenges. There’s nothing too complicated about it, and the app is easy to use and learn. It’s also colorful and interactive, so there’s a bit more to it than simply rolling dice and trying to outscore your opponent.

I personally have a lot of fun with this app. As a huge Yahtzee fan, I suppose that’s to be expected. If you like Yahtzee and want to check it out, I think you will enjoy it too.

May the dice be in your favor,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved