Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Review: Squat the Robot? by Pat Hatt

by M. J. Joachim


If you’re a fan of It’s Rhyme Time, Pat’s blog, you’ll likely enjoy Squat the Robot and its quirky characters. I scratched my head a few times, rereading as necessary to make sense of the rhyme. A robot society, an affair and oh yes, Creepy Cupid make this poem rather curious.

I’ve already expressed a few curiosities  about Pat, and with the mention of Pat and his band as a character in this book, well, I have to wonder if perhaps I really wasn’t onto something.

This is definitely an adult book, in my opinion, and it is fun to read, not as good as some of his other books. I really enjoyed Cassie and the Honk of Zagonk. I also like the Rebirth of Dino Earth. These were all children’s books, so maybe that’s the difference. At any rate, if you’re a fan of Pat Hatt like I am, you’ll probably get a kick out of Squat the Robot? Pat’s got a style all his own, and if you like it, you can’t go wrong reading this book.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting Writing Tips today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on Pat’s poetry and books. Please take a moment to comment and let me know you stopped by. I’ll be only too happy to come and visit your blog too.

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved