Thursday, April 30, 2015

Book Review: Chinese Recipes 500, Contributing Editor Jenni Fleetwood

by M. J. Joachim


Because I received Chinese Recipes 500 as a gift several years ago, I’ve had the unique pleasure of making several of the recipes inside, some more than once or twice. I’ve always been a big fan of oriental food, and this book makes it easy to prepare many of my favorite dishes.

The ingredients are readily available in most supermarkets. Substitution of these ingredients is relatively easy to do, without compromising taste. I use gluten free everything because I have celiac. I also substitute spicy peppers with bell peppers and sometimes, I swap out meat depending on what’s in my fridge already.

The directions are clear and extremely easy to follow, and the pictures are enough to tempt me into cooking oriental food on a fairly regular basis, much to my family’s delight.

If you enjoy oriental food, you’ll probably also really enjoy this cookbook. It’s truly wonderful and I look forward to making many more dishes as the years go by.

Thanks so much for visiting Writing Tips today,

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved