Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Book Review: 101 Ways to Earn Money from Home by H. Jayne

by M. J. Joachim


It seems very fitting that I’m reviewing this book on April Fool’s Day. I mean, if making money from home were that easy, everyone would be doing it. Unfortunately, it’s not that easy, and many of the things listed in this book take a lot of effort before they actually pay off. Some, like answering surveys and having garage sales, pay minimally at best, if at all. Others (and I did a few Google searches to be sure) are out and out scams, which leads me to wonder if this book isn’t a bit of a scam too.

Do people really rent their cars and personal stuff out to make money from home? How many people actually iron anymore? Cleaning houses might be an easy way to make an income, but it definitely isn’t done from the comfort of one’s home. As much as I enjoy my garden, I doubt I could sell anything I grow to the neighbors. And while I am admittedly a very good cook, you won’t find me printing fliers or offering to cook for the community to save people time.

Top it off with all the links, probably affiliate marketing of some sort, that give readers more detail about the program. I didn’t click on any of them, but the book is packed full. I would have preferred the author give us enough information to want to click on the link, instead of sending us to some website where we can likely sign up. I went for broader searches and found the pros and cons of some of the ideas listed in this book. What I found made me realize that I definitely can’t recommend this book to anyone. If you need to earn money from home that badly, it’s probably best to do your own research and skip reading a book like this one.

I hope I saved you all some time and money today. Thanks for stopping by.

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: CCO Public Domain