Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sedona Cathedral Hideaway - A Review of Sorts

by M. J. Joachim

Valentine’s weekend was the weekend before my daughter and granddaughter moved in with us this year. The baby is sleeping, so I have a few minutes to blog today. It was also the weekend after my big 50 birthday; my husband surprised me with a wonderful getaway in Sedona, Arizona. We stayed at the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway Bed & Breakfast, a picturesque home with two grand and delightful suites for guests.

Our room was perfect for old fashioned romance. There was a small kitchenette, a huge jacuzzi tub, a fireplace and a view that was to die for. There was also a comfortable porch and patio perfect for our Arizona outdoor lifestyle.

Sedona scenery has long been hailed as some of the most beautiful to be seen. Popular for its bright red rock and spiritual rock formations, we were only minutes away from Red Rock State Park, as well as downtown Sedona. We weren’t far from Slide Rock State Park either. The reason I mention this is because as we drove through Old Town Sedona (looking for a place to park, but not really, we continued on through the crowds of Valentine and President's Day weekend and chose to enjoy the scenery of Slide Rock instead. Truly, when it comes to nature’s beauty, this is one place everyone should definitely see!

Back to our first experience staying at a bed & breakfast now…

It was da bomb, and I can’t wait to do it again!

We were spoiled rotten, with some of the most amazing breakfasts you could ever imagine! At the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway, you order the night before. Then the owners go and pick up fresh ingredients for your meal and make it to be ready at your specified time in the morning. Special orders, diets etc., no problem. I had Eggs Benedict for the first time in years - it’s not easy to get when you have celiac and are gluten free. But Kathy figured out a way to make it for me, and boy was it ever a treat!

Truly, if you are ever in the Sedona area, I highly recommend staying at the Sedona Cathedral Hideaway. Personally, I wish we’d had a few more days, because there were so many more trails to explore, sights to see and things to do. Below are a few pictures of from our weekend.

I can’t thank you enough for hanging in there with me, while I take my time adjusting to our new home environment. It’s lovely having my daughter and granddaughter home again. The baby is 5 months old now. She’s trying her best to roll over and move around on her own. She also is starting to hold and play with toys. Of course, my favorite part of being a grandma is when she lights up and smiles all the time. She truly is a very happy and easy going baby, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be her grandma!

I’ll do my best to catch up with you all again before too long. I’ve a couple of book reviews I’m working on, and I’d really like to get them posted sooner rather than later.

Best to all,

M. J. 















©2015 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: M. J. Joachim, ©2015 All Rights Reserved