Thursday, March 26, 2015

Book Review: Mama Cried by Talia Haven

by M. J. Joachim


Such sensitive and emotional subject matter could not be better represented than in the short story Mama Cried by, Talia Haven. I cried too; I also felt the pangs of being torn and empathizing with the little girl and Mama in this story. Stories like this are heartfelt, as the dig into the depths of one’s soul.

People often search for answers and truth, especially when so little of life makes sense. We also seek forgiveness, justice and peace. Mama Cried is a journey exploring all of these things, when life is hard, doesn’t provide answers and can’t make sense. Mama Cried ultimately satisfies, though not the way one might expect.

It’s a good story, one I don’t want to spoil with too many details in this review. When you read it, you’ll understand. While I wouldn’t recommend this story for very young or even young children, I do believe older kids will enjoy it, as well as adults.

Thanks so much for visiting Writing Tips today. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

M. J.

©2015 All Rights Reserved