1. Send review copies of your books to book clubs and to all the journal and magazines that review books in your genre. Most publishers will do this, but it never hurts to research other places that you can submit a copy of your book. There are plenty of places on-line that will review your book for “free”.
2. Create a web page for the book. Ideally, you should have a separate website with an address that features the book title. Now you can exchange links and drive traffic to the site with comments, blogs, quotes, and extracts. Be sure to show people how they can buy the book.
3. Offer sample chapter as free downloads on your website. This is an excellent way to “tease” readers to want more. Make sure the chapters you are offering are your best chapters, and turn those chapters into PDF files.
4. Offer yourself for interviews on radio. Most radio stations are eager to interview newly-published authors.
5. Plan and give workshops on topics related to your book.
Paulette Harper is an award-winning and best-selling author, speaker and ordained Elder. She is the owner of Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tours and is passionate about helping authors succeed in publishing and marketing their books. Paulette has been writing and publishing books since 2008. She writes both Christian Fiction, Non-Fiction and children’s books. She resides in Northern, California.