Friday, December 19, 2014

Lobster Award - Uh, Say What? Self Correcting Computers…UGH!

by M. J. Joachim



Annalisa Crawford was kind enough to present me with the Lobster, I mean, Liebster Award today. Unfortunately, it’s a hit and miss with my Internet since yesterday, so I’m not even sure I’m going to be able to post this and make it live.

I was able to briefly read Annalisa’s post this morning. Recipients are supposed to share information about their work in progress. These days my main task is Christmas, a holiday that never takes me by surprise, but always surprises me just the same.

Since my Internet was so bad yesterday, I turned off my computer and took care of a few things like decorating and wrapping presents. I’m about halfway through a book I’m reading for a review. I’d hoped to have it completed and the review up at least a week ago, but that was not to be. I’m eager to read the next book I have in queue…did I mention Christmas? That one will be the first book I review in 2015. 


Regarding my WIPs…I’ve a couple in the works. Two don’t have characters at all. One is in its earliest phases and I’m not sure what I want to do with the main character yet. I can tell you it’s a girl. I can also tell you the background deals with some pretty hefty social issues, and the villain is very easy to hate. I’m still working on placement for this fictional story. It wants to belong in a city, and yet the country seems to be beckoning me to make events take place there.

Everything in me wants to write a book of short stories based where I live/have lived. Yes, Annalisa, you get credit for this inspiration too. Arizona and California make nice backdrops for all sorts of short stories. I’m sure I can created some very detailed scenes for my stories in both of these states. This is a project for 2015, when everyone’s schedules change and the house gets quiet again. 




Other than that, I’m plugging away keeping up with my blogs for the most part and trying to clean them up a bit. I managed to unfollow some blogs of folks that haven’t blogged in years this week. No sense following bloggers who have long since moved on. I’ve much more to do in that regard. It will be nice to get the list of blogs I’m following up to date and current. 

The screen shots you’re seeing in this post are of various Liebster Awards. I Googled it and these are some of the images that came up. I really like the berries and the lighthouse one. Flowers and hearts are nice too. Simple works well to share the badge of honor, which I’m sharing with all of you. It’s Christmas and on that note, you’re all invited to get this award. Simply write a post about your work in progress, whatever that might be. Since I can’t get on the Internet right now, I can’t access the questions, so I’m making this a easy for you.

Take a screen shot of any or all the awards you see in this post, or get creative and make a new Liebster Award Badge, and write a post about your work in progress. How about using the Giant Lobster Sculpture as your badge, unless your computer corrects “liebster” with some other letters, or doesn’t correct it at all. It’s a screen shot too, a public domain picture taken by Andrew McMillan. I found it on Wikicommons and he grants anyone to use it for any reason.



Okay, it looks like my Internet is working right now, so I’m going to try and get this posted asap. With the busyness of the season and a strange web connection, I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to post again until after Christmas. On that note,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved