Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Poem

by M. J. Joachim

I wrote this poem on paper early last week. With all the festivities and busyness, I never even scheduled it, so I thought I’d share it with you today. Also, if you get a chance, please check out this guest post I wrote for Phil’s blog last week. It has a couple of blogging tips I think you might like to consider. Without further ado, I present to you my poem.

Happy Thanksgiving Poem

I’ve got a big ol’ family
You know it’s very true
I’ve got a big ol’ family
With things we like to do

Thanksgiving time is my time
To pull out all the stops
No time for war and tragedy
Don’t want to bring the cops

Instead we feast so merrily
Eating not curds and whey
So many things to choose from
They never go away

First there’s lots of jerky
Then candy - gobs, galore
Pie and ice cream ready
They won’t fit out the door

Turkey on the barbie
Stuffing and taters supreme
Rolls, green beans and cranberries
I’ll never lose this team

Cheers to the cooks and hostess
For everything we’ve got
Thanksgiving sure does please us
And we give thanks a lot!

This post is scheduled in advance (not)
My family is here to play
Thanksgiving is our week long fest
Not just a single day!

Thanks also for my wonderful blogging family and all the joy they bring to me too! Oh, and please don't forget to participate in this year's Holiday Food Drive on December 4 - 6 everywhere online. Anything we can do to help those in need is truly wonderful and positive!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: Bountiful Harvest, Free Thanksgiving iPad wallpapers, iFunia