Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Book Review: The Insecure Writer’s Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond

by M. J. Joachim

Jammed and packed full of writing inspiration, publishing knowledge and marketing strategies and tips, The Insecure Writer’s Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond is every writer’s one-size-fits-all resource and reference book. You’ll get sticky when you read it. You’ll get full too.

Early on I wanted to put it down, not because I wanted to quit reading it, but because so many authors were encouraging and inspiring me to write. I do have a fiction novel I’m working on, plus a non-fiction book I’m preparing to publish soon. It was all I could do to stay focused, because I also wanted to finish reading it, so I could write this review today.

I know many (if not all) of the authors in the book. They’re fellow writers, bloggers and friends. Their advice and essays ring true. This book is written from the voices of experience, which is one of the reasons it can be trusted. Seasoned and inexperienced authors will easily benefit from the essays within, sometimes recognizing themselves in the words, other times being thankful for the timely counsel. New authors will be highly enlightened, as they engage and travel the path to being a writer, a journey not sugar-coated in this book, but encouraged just the same. Writers write…and publish, and query, and market, and sell…

Yes, I strongly recommend this book to you all. 

Thanks for visiting, commenting on and sharing this post today. I’m a writer and I appreciate you taking the time to read what I wrote.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved