Saturday, November 1, 2014

My New Book is Live on Amazon!

by M. J. Joachim

You know that feeling when you’re almost finished with something you really want to complete? You dive in and go gangbusters, taking all the necessary steps to get it done. I was there last week and this is the finished result, Guide to Hot Water Bath Canning. It went live on Amazon late last night.

There was a bit of a learning curve. I’ve never made a book directly on Amazon through Createspace before. My other books were published through Smashwords. I’m not even sure how to include them in my Amazon Author Profile page, which I made this morning. Amazon does distribute them, so I’ll have to look into that a bit more and get them added.

While I was finishing up this book, I also was working on another one. Plus, two or three days ago, some sort of story idea came flooding into my brain, through the pen and onto the paper. I didn’t have much time to keep it going, but it’s going to get written in the not too distant future too. First up though is this other tutorial book I’m working on, which I’ve been working on for a few months now. It takes time testing everything to make sure all my steps are included and written clearly.

Anyway, here’s the finished product of my latest book on Amazon. I’ve got a pantry full of canned goods to show for it. I was processing vegetable broth when I was making the cover of it. It’s been a busy time and the adrenalin rush is positively energizing!

Happy Saturday to you! My daughter brought the baby for her first visit to Grandma’s house this weekend. I’m around, but I’m also holding a sweet bundle of joy as much as I possibly can.

Feel free to share my new book link. I’ve never really done anything quite like this before and now I honestly don’t know why, because it was so much fun to make. Here’s to writing and publishing more books, for all of us. If you haven’t done it yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. If you have, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Best to all,

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved