Monday, October 6, 2014

Movie Review: This is Where I Leave You

by M. J. Joachim

Brimming with an all-star cast, famous people like Jane Fonda, Justin Bateman and Rose Byrne among others, This is Where I Leave You is a light-hearted story told from a different, unexpected premise. It’s one of those ones I wish I would have watched on Netflix, because I could go get a drink and snack from the kitchen without hitting pause, as opposed to just sitting in the theater. Also, if I watched it on Netflix, I probably would have crocheted while I watched it, like I do for other shows I watch at home.

However, seeing it in the theater wasn’t bad either. It’s a movie about a grown up family. The t.v. previews led me to believe the story line would be quite different than it actually turned out. None-the-less, it was pretty much what I expected, even with the independent ending that didn’t surprise me all that much, despite the fact that it probably should have.

If you’re looking for a movie to while away some time, or just don’t want to think too much about the scenes and script, This is Where I Leave You fits the bill. It’s okay, nothing too dramatic or exciting, and a nice way to spend a couple of hours watching the screen.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved No part of this review may be copied. However, links to this post are greatly appreciated.