Monday, May 12, 2014

Movie Review: The Rebound

by M. J. Joachim

Catherine Zeta-Jones plays the mom in this atypical family drama about a single mom who falls for a younger man. She’s the happy homemaker who gets an unexpected rude awakening about her husband’s extra-marital affair.

Devastation turns into survival and ultimately self-affirmation, as Zeta-Jones moves to the city with two kids in tow, takes on a career and meets a new man who also has romance problems of his own. 

The love story unfolds in a light and easy to watch romantic comedy, nothing too thought provoking, good for when you want to zone out, watch a movie and just vegetate for a couple of hours.

Thanks for stopping by commenting on Writing Tips today. I appreciate you more than you know, and it always makes me smile when you stop by for a visit. 

M. J. 

©2014 All Rights Reserved No part of this review may be copied. However, links to this post are greatly appreciated.

Photo credit:  U. S. Library of Congress, Public Domain

Photos are chosen at random, because I like them and because I think they somehow fit the topic in a direct or odd sort of way.

3 comments:

  1. Has the picture, which I like, anything to do with the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of this film, but that's not too surprising since I haven't been keeping up with films like I used to. My wife mostly prefers action and adventure films, but sometimes she'll tolerate a film like this if she's not too sleepy.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo - No, the picture is just random. I liked it too, and it seemed to fit the topic. I have fun finding pics to go with my blog posts. I like to think outside the box on them, while keeping them connected to my writing as much as I can. It's sort of an added element to my blogging, sharing some cool work by artists and photographers, while enhancing my posts with a picture.

    Lee - Sure watched a lot of movies when I was so sick last month. Had I not watched so many, I probably wouldn't have picked this one either. It was a good one for sitting on the couch and not thinking too much.

    ReplyDelete