Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Movie Review: The Lorax

by M. J. Joachim

Dr. Seuss stories make for some amazing animation. The characters are charming, while the thought-provoking tale fully engages the audience.

The Lorax is an intriguing satire about greed, jealousy and control. I couldn’t help but think about how society never dreamed selling water would be profitable. In The Lorax, the story is about selling air. The parallels did not escape me. 

True to form, Dr. Seuss’s story shares the consequences of one’s actions, providing a reasonable solution to remedy the ill-effects of poor decisions on a happier note. It’s a good movie, one children and adults will find information and enjoyable.

I’m so glad you stopped in for a visit today, and look forward to seeing you again soon. 

M. J. 

©2014 All Rights Reserved No part of this review may be copied. However, links to this post are greatly appreciated.

Photo credit: Ted Geisel, NYWTS, Library of Congress, Public Domain

8 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

I saw this in the cinema. The Lorax is probably my favourite Dr Seuss book and I grew up with it, so I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed with the movie which was a bit overdone and hammered home. Still a good message in there for kids, though.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I liked this one more than I thought I would.

LittleCely said...

I thought this movie was good but I prefer the original animation that was made before that followed the book much more closely. It has a great message though.

M. J. Joachim said...

I'm not a huge fan of animated films, but this one was definitely fun to watch, and it gave me quite a bit of food for thought.

Jo said...

I would like to see it. Dunno if I will.

Sue McPeak said...

Thanks for this review. Haven't seen it yet, but will check it out when it hits the pay per view or movie channels...or has it already? I'm not a big TV watcher or movie goer. I do enjoy the books, though.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm trying to remember if I saw The Lorax. I know I never read the book. Was that the one with Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell?

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I was waiting for a review on this. Thank you!