One of the things I’ve noticed since I started blogging is that visiting other blogs increases my own follower count and page views. As easy as it is to believe that blogging is a solitary activity, one where we share our posts with others, it’s not entirely accurate. Blogging is a community activity, where we share, others share, and everyone enjoys what everyone is sharing.
Developing healthy relationships with other bloggers is an important aspect of blogging. It can’t be one-sided. Healthy relationships are fostered through a balancing act of give and take. If all I’m doing is giving, without noticing what I’m receiving, my blog pays the price.
As much as I know what I have to say is important, one-of-a-kind, special, unique – fill in your own descriptions here, please, I also must acknowledge that other bloggers feel the same way about their posts. They work as hard, maybe even harder than I do, to produce quality content they want to share with the world.
I’m not going to carry on anymore about this, because I’ve got some very important blog visiting to do. Before I go, I would like to share a few ideas that might make visiting other blogs a little easier for you.
- Join a blog hop. It doesn’t matter which one – there are so many to choose from. However, my personal favorite is the A – Z Challenge. Duh! You already knew that, didn’t you?
- Visit everyone who comments on your blog. Then visit everyone who comments on their blogs.
- Visit at least ten blogs you already follow, each and every day of the week. By the end of the week, you’ll have visited 50 – 70 blogs, depending on if you blog 5 – 7 days p/week.
- Visit and comment on blogs shared on your social media sites. If you like what you read, press the button and pass it around.
- Dedicate one day a week to sharing other blogs on your own blog. You have to visit the blogs to know what to write about. Then you want to visit the blogs to let them know you shared their blog on your own blog. Talk about building relationships and friendships!
Blogging is like that too. Post, visit and share. It’s all one activity, ultimately designed to keep bloggers working together, resulting in a happier blogging experience for all.
Thank you for visiting and commenting on Writing Tips today. If you haven’t signed up for the A – Z Challenge yet, now’s your chance to discover a whole lot of blogs, you’ll be glad you visited!
©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Nina Paley, Conversation Duty, CCA-Share Alike 3.0; User-ragesoss, small toddler sitting on toilet, CCA-Share Alike 3.0, Wikicommons