Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Following Blogs vs. Visiting Blogs

By M. J. Joachim


As bloggers, we tend to follow a lot of blogs. I know I do anyway. That said, it is not enough to follow other bloggers, we also need to make the time to visit them. Visiting them is not enough either, however, because we have to take the time to comment and let the authors of these blogs know we stopped by.



Whew! Glad I got that mouthful out of the way! My fingers were getting sore, trying to sort out what my brain was trying to get them to type!



I spoke to this a bit last week, and it bears repeating. Blogging is a task with multiple elements. Write, post, visit.

Sometimes when I realize how many blogs I follow, versus how many blogs I visit, I get a little embarrassed. Hundreds of blogs, and for years I’ve only visited and commented on a fraction of those regularly. New Year’s resolution perhaps, but for months I’ve been taking steps to change that about my blogging regimen. Here’s to new and better blogging habits. Everyone in agreement say, “Aye!”

Okay then! Looks like we all are on the same page. No time like the present. Leave a comment and move along to the next blog already!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Writing Tips today. It’s always a pleasure to read what you have to say about my posts!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Daniel Tenerife, Social Red, GNU Free Documentation License