Monday, February 3, 2014

Book Review: The Designated Survivor by JC Gatlin

By M. J. Joachim


Fast paced, full of energy, action, adventure and excitement, The Designated Survivor provides readers with a quick read that is sure to exhilarate the senses. 

Tess is an escaped convict who meets up with a mentally disturbed man, destined to be her companion for a perfect getaway. Okay, so it’s not so perfect, after all, since he appears to be completely off his rocker.

Definitely fiction, this book takes readers on a joyride, through twists, turns and unexpected detours. It’s entirely unreal, which is perfectly fine, because the reader knows this from the start, making one able to sit down and read, enjoying the entertainment of it all.

Despite the few typos – missing periods here and there, which I chalked up to computer glitches, because the story was so much fun, this book is delightfully pleasing to read. I’m adding it to my Recommended Reading List, in hopes you’ll enjoy it too.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting and commenting on Writing Tips today. I’ll see you again soon.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved

Photo credit:  Stephen McKay, Approaching Longhole Bridge, CCA - Share Alike 2.0

7 comments:

  1. I like fast-paced writing it speeds my reading. 'The Designated Survivor' sounds very exciting. I could do with some tips on speed reading because there are so many books I'd like to read. I don't find enough time, and then there's the writing I'd also like to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it is go go go, which works for my show

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is one that's good to read tired, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, though I'm not a fan of books with lots of typos. I find them so distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nervous - and excited - about A-Z this year. Still dithering on my theme, though.

    And I'm happy to be one of Alex's Ninja Minions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A convict and a psycho. What a combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the recommendation! I really appreciate you reviewing The Designated Survivor. Hope you were surprised by what was locked in the safe as well. :)

    ReplyDelete