Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review: A Cat’s Legacy – Dulcy’s Companion Book by Dulcy and Dee Ready

by M. J. Joachim


It’s easy to appreciate an author who cares about her audience. We know this without question upon reading, A Cat’s Legacy, by Dulcy and Dee Ready. From the moment I began reading, I felt respected as a reader. Ready took the time to write efficiently and effectively, so all I had to do was read the story, a story that is written well and flows with ease. 

Because of their thoughtfulness, I was able to immerse myself in the tale of a cat and her human. Dulcy and Dee engaged me with their story, a story of love, hope, life journeys and lessons. They reached out to me as another human being, engaging me with their words, patiently painting a picture through an entertaining and thought-provoking book.

Little anecdotes bring the story to life. As a pet lover, it was easy to let my mind see the images portrayed, delighting in the stories revealed. I was highly entertained, finding myself giggling and laughing out loud on several occasions. Without restraint, I found myself remembering all the dogs in my life – I’m allergic to cats, and picturing the world through their eyes.

When Luna required some extra morning attention, and I wasn’t about to quit reading, I quickly settled her on the couch next to me, and started reading out loud. She promptly curled up into a ball, closed her eyes and went to sleep – until I stopped reading, that is. Then she opened her eyes, stretched one paw as if begging me to continue, and quickly resumed position when I consented to her demands.

A Cat’s Legacy is a wonderful tale that deserves a wide audience. Dulcy and Dee worked hard to make this a book suitable for readers. More importantly, they took the time to write an entertaining, inspiring, self-help book, that gently reminds each person how valuable they are in this world. A Cat’s Legacy is an uplifting affirmation of life – each life, and our dynamic connection to this world and the universe beyond. It is a story of love – love for self, love for others and love for all that makes us one and who we are, a story designed to inspire us to be who we are truly meant to be, making the world a better place in the process.

My writing tip from reading this book is simple. Respect and appreciate your audience enough to make their reading effortless, engaging, entertaining and thoughtful. Give them the joy of reading from your book, not the frustration of trying to figure out what you are trying to convey. Give them the true experience of reading a deservedly published book that you’ve taken the time to write professionally.

Thank you for visiting and commenting on Writing Tips today. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

M. J.

Btw, have you signed up for the A – Z Challenge yet? April is right around the corner…

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Montage of Six Cats, Hisashi & Caspian Blue, CCA – Share Alike 2.0 Generic License

2 comments:

  1. Great review and yeah Dee sure does know how to engage her audience indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post thank you and a lovely reminder about engaging one's readers, not letting them struggle to 'understand'.

    ReplyDelete