Friday, January 24, 2014

Fear & Entering Multiple Blogs in the A – Z Challenge

By M. J. Joachim



Fear has a way of invading our senses, stopping us in our tracks and preventing us from doing what we want and need to do. 

If we let fear drive us, we fail to experience many of the adventures life has to offer us. 

Writing and putting your work out there can be a frightening experience, yet it is also an amazing thrill, if you choose to let it be one.

All these blog hops make it easy to share our writing, but what about writing that’s not meant for blog hops? Do we challenge ourselves to take it to the next level, or settle and play the game?

Sometimes we have to recognize our own limits and prioritize things. I love the A – Z Challenge. For the past couple of years, I’ve entered all five of my blogs in it, and darn near drove myself crazy in the process. This year, I’m taking stock, realizing that I can enter one or two blogs, while still updating my other blogs regularly and/or as needed.

I know one blogger who entered something like 12 – 14 blogs in the A – Z Challenge last year. I was up to my eyeballs with five – it literally took over my life, and I had a blast doing it. Looking back, I realize entering all my blogs every year cannot be the norm for me, because as much as I love it, I have other things to do. Honestly, I don’t know how she pulled it off, and I’m truly curious about how many blogs she will enter this year. Clearly, fear is not a factor for her.

So for all you multiple blog owners out there, I ask the questions:

How do you feel about entering all your blogs in the A – Z Challenge, from a blogger perspective? Do you feel you spread yourself too thin and can’t quite keep up? Do you sacrifice higher-end content, to post everyday to all of your blogs? Has it made a difference?

And for all of you single blog owners out there, I ask these questions:

Is the A – Z Challenge challenging enough, without having multiple blogs? Does it bother you to visit multiple blogs from the same blogger, during the Challenge? Are you more or less likely to follow bloggers with multiple blogs – perhaps following only one of their blogs, a couple of their blogs, all of their blogs? Or do you simply add them to your social networking circles and forget about them?

Thank you for visiting Writing Tips today. I hope you’ll join in the conversation and share your thoughts about entering multiple blogs in blog hops. Your knowledge and information could help all of us make better decisions, without letting fear get in the way of how we make them…the fear of entering too many, not entering enough, keeping up with everything, playing the game effectively and having a lot of fun, without causing unnecessary stress while doing so. 

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved

Photo credit: PD-US