Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Book Review: A Very Holly Christmas & The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts

By M. J. Joachim
AVery Holly Christmas & The Nine Lives of Christmas are two heartwarming and fun short stories to read this time of year. The first is about a typical family – mom in high gear getting ready for the holidays, Dad and the kids “helping” her. There’s also a bit of a mystery that unfolds, with a delightful surprise ending. The second is about a homeless cat. C’mon, you know we all love cat stories, especially when they are filled with adorable cat antics and devilish behaviors. Dig a little deeper, and a thoughtful message prevails, leaving readers with lots of warm fuzzies and a few things to think about.

Because both stories are in the same book, it’s easy to read them consecutively without putting them down. And because they’re both short stories, they’ll be easy to fit into your busy schedule this time of year. I read them while the laundry was running, and I needed a bit of a break from the hectic day I was having. I could also have easily read them while waiting to see the doctor or pick up kids from school.

Needless to say, I’ll be adding both to my Recommended Reading List. They are perfect holiday additions for this time of year.

Thank you for visiting Writing Tips today. Please let me know if you read these stories and enjoy them as much as I did. Thanks.

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Matthew Paul Argall, Creative Commons Attribution
Links to this blog are greatly appreciated, but please don’t copy any content here.