Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Review: A Dear Little Girl’s Thanksgiving Holidays

By M. J. Joachim

Learning to write dialog is sometimes as simple as studying well-written passages in the pages of a good book. A Dear Little Girl’s Thanksgiving Holidays by Amy E. Blanchard is such an example, where studying the art of written conversation is easy to comprehend.
The story is a charming tale of warmth and family during the Thanksgiving holidays, interwoven with enticing detail, dialog and scripted with energy, joy and enthusiasm. It literally makes you want to be there, or at the very least, celebrate your own festivities with as much harmony, love and amusement.

A Dear Little Girl’s Thanksgiving Holidays is a Gutenberg free ebook, available in many formats. It is a relatively short story that will draw you in and keep you satisfied. From a writer’s perspective, I feel it is an excellent way to study and learn to write effective dialog, since much of the story takes place through various characters conversing with one another, in a mixed medley of settings. 

I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading this book and learn a lot from it, which is one reason I’m adding it to my Recommended Reading List. The other is because I had so much fun reading it myself. You can find the links to down load it here.

Thank you for visiting Writing Tips. My posting this week might be a little hit and miss, since I’ll be hosting our own family Thanksgiving, complete with visitors from out of town. In a nutshell, if I’m able to post, I will, if not, I’ll see you next week. 

Wishing you all a wonderful and superbly fantastic Thanksgiving. Safe travels and joyous memories to each and every one of you!

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Jennie Augusta Brownscomb (1850 - 1936), The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth, PD-US