Monday, June 3, 2013

Alex J. Cavanaugh Shares His Story

by Alex J. Cavanaugh                           
(updated November 2, 2015)


MJ asked if I would share a few personal things with you. Now, a Ninja needs his secrets, but there are a few items I can reveal.

I’m a military brat and we moved around a lot, including living in several foreign countries. While the moves were difficult sometimes (more so on my older brother than me) I count it as a blessing. I got to experience so many different cultures and traditions that way. Living in different parts of the country broadened my perspective, and a worldly view helped me see the big picture. I’m also very grateful for the freedoms we enjoy in America. 

I’m not a car nut (although I do like to drive my sports car very fast) but I do have an appreciation for cars. Shows such as the BBC’s Top Gear and Counting Cars fascinate me. A Bugatti in action is a thing of beauty. So is an old restored car. I’ve played an instrument since I was a kid, but playing the guitar was always a dream. I picked it up a few years ago and now I own several guitars (including a Gibson Les Paul) and play in a band. We play Christian music and it’s one of my greatest joys.

Being an author has brought many changes and accomplishments. I began with just one book and will soon have three to my credit. (He currently has 8 books live on Amazon.) I could say the success of the first two books has been my greatest achievement, but it’s the Insecure Writer’s Support Group that matters most. Starting the IWSG has been a blessing to me and so many others. Years from now, no one will remember my books, but I hope the IWSG is still going strong. And since I should probably mention my books, I’ll note that each one came with a unique challenge.

CassaStorm (which comes out September 17, 2013) was written from three points of view (I usually write from two) and one of those was from Byron’s ten-year-old son, Bassan. I don’t have kids, and it’s been a long time since I was that age, so writing from Bassan’s point of view was challenging. Fortunately my critique partners said I nailed. I must’ve channeled my inner child well!

The only other thing is I dig Hot Tamales! Please send a case my way. Alex J. Cavanaugh

http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/AlexJCavanaugh

Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. He is he author of the Amazon bestsellers, CassaStar and CassaFire, his third book, CassaStorm and many other books now.

Thanks so much for visiting Writing Tips today. It is with great pleasure I highlight this author for you,

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved