Monday, May 27, 2013

Cassie and the Wild Cat Meet and Greet Book Review

by M. J. Joachim

I found myself laughing out loud as I read Cassie and the Wild Cat Meet and Greet by Pat Hatt. The antics played by one “dominant feline” on a newcomer and the poetry used to express them are actually quite funny. So is the fact that I could literally visualize cats doing these things to each other.

Pat shares some pretty cool cats in this story. Cassie comes off as a little (spoiled) princess, while Wild Cat is one of those stud types that is completely oblivious to Cassie’s antics; he uses them all to his advantage, however, as he struts his stuff throughout the story.

The story is one of “I’m not so sure I want to get to know you” to “I’m glad you didn’t take offense, because when all is said and done, you’re a pretty fun friend to have.” I think we’ve all been there, done that at one time or another, which is one of the reasons I’m glad I read this story. I also think this is a very positive message for kids – a good thing because Cassie and the Wild Cat Meet and Greet is a children’s story, complete with some very cute and lively illustrations.




Thank you for visiting Writing Tips.

M. J. Joachim


©2013 All Rights Reserved