Friday, May 17, 2013

A Poem Inspired by Another Blogger…


by M. J. Joachim

Personal choice is only to blame
When violence explodes with its terror
Less action filled movies will never tame
The arrogance of such behavior

She sits in a corner alone in the dark
Tears fall on her bruised shaking shoulder
She can't even hear him or his remark
Her world begins to grow colder

"You're worthless, you bitch!
Unworthy of life...
I give you what you deserve!"

She raises her arms to cover her face
As he yields a knife to show power
She knows she must get out of this place
It's her life he plans to devour

This poem was inspired by a post on the blog, It’s Rhyme Time by Pat Hatt. I’m not sure if you remember me mentioning this in my comment to you, Pat, but I said I would save my lengthier poetic reply for my own blog, once I finished working on it. Here’s the finished product. Wish I had time to find the exact post you wrote that inspired this one. If you know it easily enough, please put a link to it in my comments. Thanks.

Happy Friday, good people. I wish you only good things.

M. J.

Photo credit:  USMC – 101022-M-6457M-003, U. S. Military or Dept. of Defense, Public Domain
©2013 All Rights Reserved