Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Importance of Observation


by M. J. Joachim

I’ve been in a bit of a personal funk the last several months (nothing serious, mind you - age old philosophical questions like "Why am I here?" and "What's the meaning of life?" type stuff). Consequently, I turned to my writing, like I always have, to sort through the emotions and turmoil in my soul. We can only be who we are, so if that means pouring ourselves into work, to question our purpose, cast out shadows or face demons, so be it.

More about that tomorrow, when I share how I would change the world in the National Wormhole Day blog hop…

These past couple of days, I’ve been busy with family – not so much as mom, though I am by definition, Mom; I did do all my “mom” things, because it’s one of the best parts about being me. However, there were a few more points of interest this time, things that happen as the kids grow older, becoming adults in their own right.

It was time to step back and observe this crew of mine, truly take note of who each individual has become and what they are about, without taking credit, because they’ve become their own people – people I appreciate like few will ever understand.

On that note, and to avoid short-circuiting tomorrow’s post, I’ll leave you with this thought and writing tip.

Take time to observe everything from different lenses. See the world through your eyes. See the world through the eyes of others. See the world as an insider and an outsider. See the world as a bird, tree or grain of sand. Open your mind and heart to see the world as it is seen through so many multiple perspectives.

Thank you for visiting Writing Tips.

M. J.

Photo credit:  Magnifying glass, Mohylek, Public Domain
©2013 All Rights Reserved