Friday, March 22, 2013

Cruising My Hood Writing Prompt Series – Native Plants


by M. J. Joachim

Cassia, a hearty, drought-resistant desert shrub, hugs a prickly pear cactus. This is a very old cactus, one that has weathered numerous seasons, only to grow stronger, showing the aging process, without giving into it.

I saw this picture the other day, prior to bringing my camera with me when I walked. It was the inspiration to make sure I had my camera with me. I wanted this picture for the symbolism it represents.

What symbolic thoughts come to your mind, as you look at this photograph?


On another note, if you’re in the mood for something a little more playful, please enjoy the poem I wrote for the A – Z blog today.

Happy Friday, good people. Here’s to a lovely weekend for all!

M. J.

Photo credit:  M. J. Joachim, ©2013 All Rights Reserved
Blog post:  ©2013 All Rights Reserved