Friday, January 25, 2013

Stew from the Local Landfill??? Say What???


by M. J. Joachim
I think I’m having more fun creating web pages than I am writing these days. Yet, writing is something I simply cannot “not” do. As I was sitting on the couch drinking my 2nd cup of coffee moments ago (another that is bound to go cold, as the one before it – brain on overload, you know), the urge compelled me. So here I sit, attempting to explain the rush of needing to write, while a clip list of possible web page scenarios plays in the back of my mind.

Presentation is everything…or so they say…

You wouldn’t eat a stew that looked like it was scooped from the local landfill, would you? Ah, but one with gorgeous colors, smooth broth or gravy, symmetrically cut vegetables and a sprinkling of bright, vibrant herbs…

I can almost smell it just thinking about it – may have to make a big pot for supper, as a matter of fact.

Back to the topic at hand…

It’s simply not enough to write these days. We have to present our words, which isn’t to say that we have to stand out, but rather to imply that we have to at least try to be good at what we do, because when we’re good at what we do, we won’t need to stand out at all.

Um, yea…

Think I’ll stop there…

That last line got me to thinkin’ a little bit…

Best to all,
M. J.

Photo credit:  Wikimedia Commons, Creative Attribution License, Abbeyvet, Irish Stew
©2013 All Rights Reserved