Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hobbies, Comedy, Edgar Allen Poe, Gardening…This Post Has It All!


by M. J. Joachim
As many of you know, some of my regular activities include crocheting, blogging, reading, writing, cooking and gardening (in no particular order, of course). These are all wonderfully relaxing activities for me, and they tend to work well together. Writing and blogging are the catch all, as it were. Words from all these activities seem to flow out of me – except the cooking…those words tend to escape me when I’m doing the dishes, unfortunately.

Last night, I was reading – Edgar Allen Poe, for our current blog series here. I read the poem Eldorado, and yes, I will be writing about it before the day is over (hopefully). But then I read another story of his, and burst out laughing! It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever read in my life, almost to the point of uncontrollable laughter.

Now that’s the genius of marketing!!!

If someone had told me Edgar Allen Poe wrote comedy, I would never have believed it in a million years. Having read it myself, I must recommend to all of you to read his story titled, Lionizing.

Meanwhile, my friend and fellow blogger, Glory Lennon, was busy as could be preparing my own guest post for her blog, Glory’s Garden. You see, kind followers, while I’ve never been inclined to create a gardening blog myself, I still enjoy sharing my garden and writings about gardening with others.

Soooo….

If you’d like to learn a little bit about gardening in the desert southwest, or perhaps get to know me a little better through one of my other hobbies you don’t get to hear very much about, then please pop on over and pay a visit to Glory’s Garden. I’m sure she’d love to meet you, so do let her know you’ve stopped in by chatting it up in the comments too.

That’s all for now, good people! Until next time, I wish you wellJ
M. J.
©2012 All Rights Reserved
Photo Credit: Wikicommons, Public Domain