Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Reading vs. Reading All Year Long

by M. J. Joachim
Updated 4/22/16



As a book reviewer, summer reading is neither here nor there for me, because to put it mildly, I read all year long. Curiosity compels me to ask if anyone has time for summer reading anymore. As a mom and former teacher, I can still attest to the importance of summer reading programs for kids, but then I promote reading to kids as much as possible anyway. It's supremely important for their development, if you ask me, and when they can read themselves, it's vitally important for them to be able to be able to engage in a good story. 

It's already April, and as you may have guessed, I've got a rather large pile of books I'm planning to read this summer, a list that keeps growing, because I'm on a mission to support Indie Authors and help them promote their books, provided these same books are top notch and worthy of being praised and read by the masses. You know I'll write and publish my review either way.

Are you compiling a list of books to read this summer, or do you read all year long like I do? A lot of Amazon authors have mentioned that they sell enough books, but reviews are hard to come by. Do you feel inclined to share your thoughts about the books you read, or is it simply too much work in an already busy day? 

Please feel free to send me an email with your thoughts on this post, or tag me in social media and start a discussion with me. It's always nice to get to know fellow readers.

Happy reading, writing, reviewing and whatever else you do!

M. J.

©2016 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit:  Public Domain