Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blog Make-Over Series – Templates and Design


by M. J. Joachim 

As you may have guessed, I’ve wanted to create my FlashTyme blog for quite a while now. You see, last summer, I published two small ebooks with the same title. They’re available on iTunes, Nook, Sony and through a few other online distributors.

I truly enjoy writing my FlashTyme stories. Formatting them into ebooks? – Not so much. I’ve even stockpiled a few new FlashTyme stories, which are ready to be published on my new blog.

But look at it! The Make-Over in Progress blog current template is not exactly a perfect fit for my FlashTyme stories! Thankfully, this won’t be a problem at all!
Step 1:  From main blogger menu, click on “More Options”
Step 2:  Click on “Template”
*You now have a few choices to make. I’m going to click on “Customize.”
Step 3:  Choose your new template.
*From Customize, I’m going to choose Awesome. Then I’m going to choose the colors I like.

When making template considerations, it’s important to pay close attention to the title. Does it fit across the top of your blog the way you like it? If not, choose another template or work with the options available in the left margin to customize your template further.

When you are completely satisfied…
Hey, even if you’re not 100%, you can always make more adjustments at your leisure, click on “Apply to Blog” in the upper right hand corner.

Take some time to play and experiment with your choices. This isn’t do or die, tension headache, omg! I’ll never get this right blogging! This is Extreme Make-over blogging, where getting it right is simply not an issue, because the reality is, you positively cannot get it wrong!

Best of the evening to you, good people! Until next time, I wish you well!
M.J. 

Photo Credit: Wikicommons, Creative Commons Attribution