Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blog Make-Over Series – Name that Blog


by M. J. Joachim

If you’re following this series, you’ve discovered that I’m in the process of taking visitors on this writing tips blog through a step-by-step process of overhauling a blog that has been far too long neglected, and no longer serves the original purpose intended for it.

It is a blog about writing (and freelancers). Well, so is this one. I ask you, how many writing blogs does one writer really need? The obvious question comes to mind. Can I do anything on this blog that I’ve already done on that blog? The answer quite simply is, “Yes!”

So there you have it. As I work out the details of my blog make-over, I can go one further and do an EXTREME BLOG MAKE-OVER!!!

Which is why I’m going to not only change the name of my blog, but the theme, genre and anything else that might minimize my happiness and delight, or prevent me from being excited to work on it in the future.

First things first, it’s time to “Name that Blog!”

Step 1:  Go to your blogger page
Step 2:  Click on “More Options” next to the blog you want to make over
Step 3:  Click on “Layout”
Step 4:  In the title section, click on “edit”
Step 5:  Highlight and delete old title
Step 6:  Type in new title
Step 7:  Review blog description and delete/rewrite if necessary or desired
Step 8:  Save changes

At this point, my blog title and the articles previously posted to it have nothing in common. It’s time to revisit my old postings and delete, delete, delete! 

While I'm at it, I think I'll visit the margins and delete a few very old items there too. This one's easy. 

Step 1:  View blog
Step 2:  Click on wrench symbol
Step 3:  Edit as desired in pop-up window

If you’re curious, you might be able to catch me while I work…


Until next time then, I wish you well!

M. J. 

Photo Credit:  Wikicommons, GNU Free Documentation License