Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog Make-Over Series – Changing Background Images


by M. J. Joachim

Last night, I redesigned my Make-over in Progress blog by changing its template. Today, I’m going to further enhance the overall appearance of my blog by changing its background image.

Step 1:  From blogger menu, go to “More Options”
Step 2:  Choose “Template”
Step 3:  Click “Customize”
Step 4:  Click “Background” found in left hand margin
Step 5:  Click arrow on “Background Image”
Wow! Do you see all the choices readily available for you to change your background image? You can upload your own image or choose from a multitude of backgrounds listed in categories in the pop-up window. Best bet – click the ones you like and see if you like the way they look on you blog.

Step 6:  Choose your favorite and click on “Apply to Blog” in the upper right hand corner.

Notice that some of these backgrounds will result in adjusted colors schemes on your blog. Templates are the basecoat – backgrounds the topcoat.

I chose and applied my new template last night. Now I’m going to experiment with background images and see what strikes my fancy.

Until next time then, I bid you well!
M. J. 

Photo Credit: Wikicommons, Public Domain