Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Translating Your Blog for Your Followers – That was Easy…


With so many blog gadgets out there, it’s difficult to know which ones you really need to help drive traffic. I found one a few minutes ago that is really kind of neat. It’s something I know will be useful, because I’ve used it on other people’s blogs. It’s also something that is bound to benefit my followers. Many of my followers on my crochet blog are from numerous countries throughout the world. The gadget I’m referring to is called, “Translate.”

Translate doesn’t take up a lot of space; it has a drop down menu with dozens of languages to choose from and it literally translates the content of your blog, so followers more familiar with other languages can understand it better. That’s a big plus for numerous reasons, not the least of which is that the blogger and follower can communicate more effectively with each other.

If you’re not sure how you feel about this gadget, try it out right here on Writing Tips for Success. It's right there at the top of the sidebar. Use the drop down menu and test a few different languages to see what happens. Then, consider your own followers and the audience you’re trying to reach. Let me know your thoughts about this new gadget I discovered in the comments. I’m curious to see if it excites you, as much as it does me.

©2012 All Rights Reserved
Photo Credit: Wikicommons, Public Domain