Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Show Me the Money!


Woo hoo! I woke up this morning to my very first payment from Smashwords. It isn’t very much at all (less than $20.00, in fact), but waking up to any amount of minor monetary compensation of my work is bound to make me feel good no matter what. When I published my ebooks last summer, dollar signs were not part of the equation I used to produce them. The internal dialog went more like this, “You haven’t explored that avenue of Internet writing yet. Why not give it a go, and see how much you like it?”

Admittedly, I felt a little bit out of my element considering the fact that I didn’t (and still don’t) own an ereader. However, I learned quite some time ago that you can read ebooks online, just as if you are visiting a website. Because I appreciate the need for this opportunity, I’ve listed it as an option for people purchasing my ebooks too.

Producing ebooks is a lot of work; self-publishing them is a tedious and arduous task. Designing them, formatting them, social networking about them and marketing ebooks…

As I’ve expressed in a previous post, Writers “…are masters of outreach.”

To that end, my ebooks are available on itunes, through Sony and Barnes & Noble. Hard to believe I’ve only sold 10 copies combined…another blog post in the works. Stay tuned.


Oh, about the picture. Isn’t that cool?! It’s an ipad shelved between regular books on a bookshelf. Talk about making me giggle when I found that one…

©2012 All Rights Reserved
Photo Credit: Wikicommons, Creative Commons Attribution