Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finding Freelance Writing Jobs

As a writer, I spend massive amounts of time producing lots of content, especially in writing communities. Logically I know there must be an easier way. I realize that sites like Helium, EHow, Associated Content, Hub Pages, Squidoo etc. all profit from what I do. They’ve recruited me to help them make money. All I have to do is share my expertise with the world.

It’s not enough to write the articles, I have to let the right people know they are there. I have to join the conversation, read what the other experts have to say, participate in the forums, make lots of connections, and share my work with those who might be interested.

It is also important to consider how much I want to get paid for my work. Making a few dollars from page views in a writing community is okay, but I deserve to earn more for my writing. As a real content producer, I want to make big bucks for what I do, not just pennies for page views.
If you’re like me, you’ve spent time searching for freelance work on the internet. Some of those job boards are a nightmare, aren’t they? Wouldn’t it be great to find a job board that caters to the writer, giving you the opportunity to select the types of jobs you’d like to write about?

Freelancer.com is like that. You sign up, select your writing specialties, request they send assignments to your email, bid on the projects you like, and earn your paycheck without spending hours on the internet searching for writing jobs. Now that’s using your time wisely so you can focus on what you do best, writing!