Friday, July 10, 2009

Keeping Content Interesting

Sometimes I get so caught up in the act of writing that it becomes a real chore. I become very busy putting words down, forgetting that there is much more to it than that. Diligently I research, rushing my facts to paper, without thinking about how and what I should be saying.

In the race to get one more article finished, my work is sloppy, unfinished, and far from my best. It’s not that I don’t know my topic, or that I don’t care about the subject matter. Hurried work reflects my priorities, and clearly dilutes my message.

Take your time and seriously think about what you want to write, for as long as possible – maybe even a few days or weeks. Jot down notes to keep ideas fresh in your memory; then compose your article, after it has become a part of you, and not a mere regurgitation of the facts.