Friday, July 31, 2009

How to Maintain Writing Quality

It’s been a crazy week. I have so many writing projects that I want to do, but only so many hours in a day to work on them. I’m not suffering from the dreaded writer’s block, but instead the inundation of too many ideas with an overabundance of material on them. What’s a writer to do?

It helps to work in small increments. Instead of trying to tackle everything at once, I’ve spent a few minutes jotting down notes so I won’t forget what I want to say. Then I look at anything facing deadlines and prioritize my work accordingly. I review my goals pertaining to content production, and modify them if possible.

By taking these steps, I can regain my focus and manage my time more effectively. When I focus better, the quality of my work shouldn’t suffer. It’s great to be able to produce a lot of work. However, I believe it is better to produce less work of highest quality, than more work that is only mediocre.